Oppo R7 Plus is the best phone considered in India and Asia countries due to its 5-inch large screen with a Full HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Oppo R7 Plus is having an outstanding feature such as fingerprint reader which is just under the camera. It is true that Oppo R7 and the R7 Plus are provided with the VOOC quick charge that guarantees up to two hours runtime at a pressure refueling of batteries after a few minutes of charging. Further to this, the processor of this phone is of MT6795 type from MediaTek which is capable to record in slow motion with an insane rate of 480 frames per second. This is made up of 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that is also expandable. The camera of this phone is 20.7 MP with an exceptional small battery of 2320 mAh.
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware is outstanding, advanced, smooth, enhanced device performance and all things are working perfectly. The Lineage OS 14.1 for Oppo R7 Plus is based on AOSP source code along collaboration of Android community. If you are interested in installing the Android 7.1.2 Nougat via official Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on Oppo R7 Plus then follows the below procedure.
- Remember that this method is only for Oppo R7 Plus. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Oppo R7 Plus.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Oppo R7 Plus during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to Download
Update your Oppo R7 Plus with Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM for Oppo R7 Plus on the desktop of the PC.
- Then plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
- Transfer Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
- Unplug the Oppo R7 Plus from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors during ROM installation.
- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → choose zip from sd card.
- Navigate to the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
- Your Oppo R7 Plus will be reset and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
- Please comment below if you like this Custom ROM.