2 total views, 0 views today
ASUS Nexus 7 released in the year 2012 comprising a 7.0 inches screen with an internal 8/16/32 GB memory with built-in 01 GB RAM. It is a sleek tablet with a smooth body which depicted its display in wonderful setup. It’s a Nexus tablet from Google which keeps updating its features day by day. So it’s a good news for all the Google Nexus 7 users who were waiting for new update on their device. Remember that this is not an official ASUS update. Developer tested the firmware on his own tablet before sharing this update with us.
The update provided below is based on the recent Android 7.1.2 Nougat version. (After updating, you can root Nexus 7 on this Nougat update. If this is your first attempt at trying to do something like this you might have to unlock your bootloader before continuing which means you’ll be resetting your device and wiping off its data)
- Remember that this method is only for Nexus 7. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone. If you’re facing problems in connecting your Android phone to the computer then you need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging— this is for all types of Androids.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Nexus 7.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your ASUS Nexus 7 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to Download
How to Install Android 7.1.2 LineageOS Nougat Custom Firmware to Google Nexus 7
- First of all download LineageOS 14.1 7.1.2 ROM and Google Apps for Google Nexus 7 on your computer.
- Then connect and mount your Google Nexus 7 USB memory on your computer by using the USB cable.
- Now copy and paste the downloaded 7.1.2 ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root and not in any other folder.
- after this, turn Off your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Then select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY, you’ll enter recovery mode by doing this.
- Once get in the ClockworkMod Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” to wipe off all of your data. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” .
- This is entirely optional but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. From CWM recovery, select ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the 7.1.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- For the Google Apps Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After completion of installation, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot your tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery mode.
- After the completion of installation, the device will start boot process and it might take up to 20 minutes if this is your first boot so give your tablet some time to prepare itself.
- It all over, you are now updated. Enjoy!!!