984 total views, 3 views today
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime came out last year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Samsung proclaimed that the device would receive one more major software update. However, the firmware version number G610FDDU1BQH9 having nice and beautiful features and has the size of 1.1GB . If it isn’t available in your phone yet then you can follow this step by step guide to install Android 7.0 Nougat firmware in your phone.
This new update has features like the Multi-window mode, a revamped notification panel, a new settings app and improved functionality. An overall device advanced improvement will be seen in this update.
Download Nougat Firmware for Galaxy J7 Prime SM-G610F
Instructions to follow:
- You have to download main zip file of Prime7 12.5.zip file which is Samsung’s exclusive software to install official firmware to Galaxy devices.
- Download and Unzip the file on your PC.
- After the Extract, Just install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Now you have to enable USB debugging on your Galaxy J7 prime by going to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Remember backup all the important data of your phone as the installation process might wipe all your data.
- Now download the respective firmware file for your device from the download section above and extract the firmware zip file to a new folder.
- Now open the folder where you extracted the firmware and you will find a file with .tar.md5extension inside.
- You have to boot your Galaxy J7 Prime into the Download mode now. In order to do that, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and release them and press the Volume up button once you see a blue screen with an exclamation mark.
- Once you are in the download mode on your phone, open the folder on your PC where you extracted the Odin files and then launch the setup file.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COMport will be highlighted on the software (see below).
- Now click the AP button at the right side of the software and then select the firmware file to load it into Odin. It might take some time to load as it is a large file.
- Once the firmware file is successfully loaded, make sure that your Odin screen looks like the screenshot below.
- Now click on the start button on the bottom of the screen to begin the installation of the
firmware on your phone.
- you will get a message saying PASS! once the firmware is successfully installed, your Galaxy J7 prime will be rebooted automatically.
- The initial boot may take a little longer so don’t panic or worry about the process.