147 total views, 1 views today
OnePlus2 released in 2015 and now has launched LineageOS 15 update within an alpha stage (for now the mainstream features are working). It is pertinent to mention here that it features are outstanding and working in marvelous position especially its hotspot, WiFi, FP, VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile data, SMS sending/receiving and sensors. The only thing in it that is glitchy is the video recording.It is affordable and comes with a heavy spec-sheet plus a 5.5-inch full HD display. As there will no new updates coming the only thing you’re left with is flashing a custom ROM to stop your phone from lagging behind.
OnePlus 2’s put its previous update which was Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but Its neither updated with Oreo nor Nougat. CyanogenMod got shut down and renamed itself to LineageOS. Being the most widely distributed aftermarket version of Android Oreo, the LineageOS 15 is based on Android’s Oreo firmware.
So let’s get on with the step by step procedure to update OnePlus 2 to Android Oreo Lineage OS 15 Custom ROM.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your OnePlus 2 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Instruction to Follow
- This ROM is only for the OnePlus 2 so DO NOT try to attempt this on any other phone.
- Charge your phone up to 60% so that it doesn’t die on you during the installation process.
- Backup your important data like your contacts, call logs and text messages. Also, create a Nandroid an EFS backup. This is highly recommended because we will be factory resetting the phone during the flashing process.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 2: How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 2
- Get an external SD card or a USB OTG to make the installation easy for yourself.
- Download lineage-15.0-20170908-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus2.zip Copy the downloaded ROM file to your phone’s external SD card or the USB OTG.
- Download Gapps Micro ARM64 for Android 8.0 Oreo and copy them to the external storage as well.
- Boot your OnePlus 2 into TWRP recovery. To do so, power down your OnePlus 2. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.As soon as the phone boots up, leave the keys and let it boot into TWRP.
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery, tap Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select all partitions except internal storage > Repair or change file system > EXT4. Change the file system one by one if you are unable to change them altogether.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap Install > Locate and select lineage-15.0-20170908-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus2.zip > Swipe screen to flash.
- After flashing the ROM, get back to the main menu in TWRP and similarly, flash the Gapps
- Once done, reboot your phone into the system.
- Initially, the very first boot can take up to 10 minutes to give your phone some time to prepare itself.
- You are in finish line and will now have the new Android Oreo LineageOS 15 Custom ROM running on your phone.