1,171 total views, 4 views today
This Android phone was launched in July 2017 by Samsung with an outstanding performance. The phone is built in with AMOLED capacitative touchscreen and high-resolution camera. However, the advancement of the technology is in progress and different software developers are trying their best to present another dashing feature enrich ROM in front of their fans. Now here is the update of Samsung J7 Neo (J701M) phone. This ROM must be checked before changing your phone.
- Remember that this method is only for Samsung J7 NEO.Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung J7 NEO.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung J7 NEO during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
File to Download (Samsung J7 NEO)
Instruction to Follow
- First of all, download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and unzip the downloaded file on your PC desktop.
- Then download and install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Next step is to go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- After this don’t forget to backup installed apps, pictures, videos, call-log, messages, or any data stored on your phone’s internal storage as a precaution.
- Just extract the firmware zip file to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now its time to turn off your Samsung J7 NEO and boot it into the Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your Samsung J7 NEO boots into the Download mode, open the Odin folder double-click the .exe file to launch it.
- Then connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- When your device is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted.
- Now click the AP button and add the firmware file to it. It might take some time in Odin due to firmware size.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get a “PASS!” message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. Since the first boot takes up to 20 minutes, give it some time to prepare itself.
- Enjoy the new update installed on your Samsung J7 NEO.