377 total views, 2 views today
A Good news for the users of Sony Xperia XZ about launching official firmware. Initially, the phone has built-in Android 7.1 Nougat OS. After receiving customer feedback, Sony has decided to launch its Android 8.0 Oreo official update for Xperia XZ with build ID number 41.3.A.0.401. This update has numerous features such as latest November 2017 security patch to fix some of the major existing vulnerabilities and bugs, Xperia Actions feature, reminders feature, all-new gaming, and community features, new Quick Settings menu, Picture in Picture mode, Google Play Protect integration, background limits, text auto notification dots fill and much more. If you are eager to install it then you can install it manually by following this simple step by step guide.
- Remember that this method is only for Sony Xperia XZ.Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.Here is you can find out USB Drivers (Download).
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Sony Xperia XZ
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Xperia XZ during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to Download:
- Download 41.3.A.0.401 Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update
- Download Android Oreo FTF file for Xperia XZ
- Download Sony Flash Tool
- First of all, download the Android 8.0 Oreo official update and Sony FTF update file from the above links to your PC for the Sony Xperia XZ.
- Then copy both the Android 8.0 Oreo official update and FTF files to the desired folder on the desktop of your PC.
- then copy the FTF update file to C:/Flashtool/firmware or something like this.
- Run the Flash Tool on your PC and then load the FTF update package which you would like flash on the Xperia XZ by choosing the Nougat firmware file, that you’ve already downloaded on the PC.
- After this, just click on the Flash button of the tool at lower right corner.
- Make sure that all 3 options are selected from the Wipe Menu of the Flash tool.
- Finally, select the option “No Final Verification” at the bottom.
- A message will be displayed saying to connect the Xperia XZ to the USB using its USB data cable.
- Turn OFF the Xperia XZ in order to boot into flash mode.
- Turn ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Down button while making the connection between the device and PC.
- Your phone will automatically boot into flash mode and Android 8.0 Oreo official update will get installed.
- Now reboot your Xperia XZ enjoy the latest Nougat firmware on your phone.