1,566 total views, 1 views today
Lineage OS is the successor of CynogenMod OS ROM and it has recently released an OS ROM for OPPO Joy Plus. Here is the step by step guide to download and install the Lineage OS ROM. Important measures are still to be taken before installing this ROM.
Files that are needed to be downloaded beforehand:
- Download Lineage 14.1 for Oppo Joy Plus
- Android Phone with TWRP Recovery Installed [How to install TWRP Recovery]
Things needed to be taken care of before you flash a custom ROM on your OPPO Joy Plus:
1) Make sure you have USB drivers for OPPO Joy Plus on your PC or Laptop.
2) Back up all your important Data which is saved in your phone.
3) Your phone battery needs to be charged above 60% so that your phone doesn’t act up on the wrong time.
4) Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Xiaomi Mi Max during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Now you can install the Lineage OS ROM on your Oppo Joy Plus. Let’s proceed with the rest of the steps:
- Transfer both Lineage OS ROM and Gapps files in your phone.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (How to boot into TWRP Recovery).
- Now select “Wipe” and then tap on “Advanced Wipe”.
- Now select Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data and Cache.
- Now “Swipe to Wipe”.
- Go to TWRP Main Menu and Click on Install Button.
- Now select Lineage OS .Zipfile which You have downloaded above.
- After selecting the .Zip file, “Swipe to Conform Flash”to start flashing Lineage OS ROM on your Oppo Joy Plus.
- Now again go to TWRP Main menuand tap on Install button.
- Now select the Gapps .Zip file and “Swipe to Conform Flash” to install Google Apps on your phone.
- After Lineage ROM and Gapps are flashed you will see the option “Wipe cache/dalvik”, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on bottom of screen.
- Once Cache & Dalvik wipe completes, Hit the “Back” button on-screen and then select “Reboot System”
And we’re done! You have successfully flashed Lineage OS ROM on your OPPO Joy. If you still have any queries, comment below.