151 total views, 1 views today
A new version of ROM of Samsung Galaxy J5 is now available in the shape of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Samsung Galaxy J5 came up with Android Marshmallow initially and the update of firmware isn’t expected. Samsung Galaxy J5 having model number J510FN can be used for this update. This update contains a dashing User interface, with improvement in battery life, new icons in the notification panel, redesigned toggles section, new icons in the settings application, updated file manager and improved update.
- Remember that this method is only for Samsung Galaxy J5.Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J5.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy J5 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Software Update Procedure via OTA
- First of all, go the setting menu of Galaxy J5 J510FN.
- Then in Settings, go to About Device.
- In About device > Software update.
- Check for new update now. (It will update your phone in case If there is an update available, update your phone right away)
If OTA update is not available yet? then you must go through normal procedure mentioned as below.
File to Download (Samsung Galaxy J5)
Instruction to Follow
- First of all, download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and unzip the downloaded file on your PC desktop.
- Then download and install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Next step is to go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- After this don’t forget to backup installed apps, pictures, videos, call-log, messages, or any data stored on your phone’s internal storage as a precaution.
- Just extract the firmware zip file to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now its time to turn off your Samsung Galaxy J5 and boot it into the Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your Samsung Galaxy J5 boots into the Download mode, open the Odin folder double-click the .exe file to launch it.
- Then connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- When your device is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted.
- Now click the AP button and add the firmware file to it. It might take some time in Odin due to firmware size.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get a “PASS!” message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. Since the first boot takes up to 20 minutes, give it some time to prepare itself.
- Enjoy the new update installed on your Samsung Galaxy J5.