97 total views, 1 views today
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has optimised its stock software in order to work in proper way. In other words, you can remove your phone software in case you have the root access. It depends upon you that how you want to add new features, enjoy the performance of your phone and enrich battery life etc. You will be seeking an alternative option for this but this can be done through root access via specific applications like System Tuner, Greenify, and much more.
An unofficial update of TWRP recovery is available for the Galaxy Note 8. TWRP recovery is best in all which can help you to backup your entire Samsung Galaxy Note 8. You can also backup Nandroid, EFS and other accessories of your phone with the backup option in TWRP. Point to be noted that this phone has already been into TWRP. TWRP turned into the Exynos variant of the Galaxy Note 8 for now. It doesn’t matter what’s the model number of your phone.TWRP recovery will work fine till it has an Exynos process inside.
Through TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8, you can wipe cache, Dalvik cache and partitions of your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with the help of advanced TWRP recovery module. Another useful feature in the TWRP recovery is to be able to change the format of your phone’s partitions. The customisation possibilities with a custom recovery and root access are unlimited. Android user will enjoy after installing TWRP custom recovery and rooting your new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 must be looking good.
Keep in mind that installation of TWRP will void the warranty of your Galaxy Note 8, better to try it on warranty expired Note 8. If the warranty doesn’t matter to you then you may go ahead and can start the world of Android customisation.
Instructions to follow before Installing TWRP on Galaxy Note 8
- Remember!!! this guide is only for the Galaxy Note 8 Exynos variants.
- You must charge your phone up to 60% to avoid power issues during the installation process.
- Backup your data such as SMS, Contacts, Call Logs and Important files.
- You must enable OEM Unlocking on your phone.
- You must enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Unlock bootloader if you are using a Chinese variant of the Galaxy Note 8.
- Disable Samsung Kies if you have it installed on your PC while using Odin3.
- You must use OEM data cable in order to connect your phone to your PC.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your mobile during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Download and extract Odin 3.12.3 on your PC
- Download the TWRP Recovery.tar file: TWRP for Exynos Galaxy Note 8
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file.
- Download latest SuperSU.zip file.
Installation of TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- First of all click on the Odin3.exe on your computer after extracting it.
- Click on the AP tab and select the recovery.tar file that you just downloaded in Odin.
- The only option checked in Odin should be F.Reset Time. No other option should be ticked.
- Now put your Galaxy Note 8 in download mode. after this, turn it off first. Now press and hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power button for a while. As soon as the phone turns on with a warning, press the Volume Up button to get into download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to your PC now.
- Odin will recognize the phone and turn the ID:COM box blue. You will also see the “Added” message in the logs box on the lower left side.
- Now press the “Start” button in Odin. It will begin flashing the recovery on your phone.
- After the recovery flashing ends, disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power key once again. As soon as the screen goes black, quickly switch from Volume Down to Volume Up key while keeping Bixby and Power keys pressed.
- Your phone will boot into TWRP recovery now. It will ask you whether you want to allow modifications. Swipe the screen and get into TWRP now.
- In the main menu in TWRP recovery, tap Wipe > Format Data.
- After formatting the data, get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery.
- Connect your phone to your PC again.
- Then copy the DM-Verity and SuperSU.zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
- After this disconnect your phone.
- In TWRP’s home-screen, tap Install > locate the DM-Verity.zip file and flash it.
- Right after flashing the DM-Verity file, flash the SuperSU.zip file similarly.
- Reboot your phone into the system now.