213 total views, 3 views today
The Galaxy S7 series comes with Marshmallow and currently runs on Android Nougat, which means that the phone has already received two major versions of Android. According to Android Authority, there is no guarantee on the arrival of AndroidOreo on S7 and S7 Edge. The senior member of XDA – Ivan_Melar has compiled LineageOS ROM 15.1 for devices. It is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, which is fantastic as it sounds.
Android 8.1 is only available for the Nexus family and Pixel, but now you can successfully install LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The ROM was announced at the end of November and based on Android8 .0. Since then the developer worked hard to eliminate the initial errors to make the ROM more suitable as a daily controller. According to the source, almost all the basic functions of the device work properly. However, there is a short list of non-functional features. Therefore, if you do not mind, you can easily install LineageOS15.1 in Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
updatedmob.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Installing a custom ROM will remove applications and associated data from your phone, so be sure to make a full backup of your Galaxy device.
2. TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge must be installed.
3. Make sure that your device is sufficiently charged, so as to prevent any shutdown during the flashing process.
After satisfying the prerequisites listed above, go below to install LineageOS 15.1 in Galaxy S7 (Edge).
you can easily download the files by clicking on the links below:
Samsung Galaxy S7:
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge:
Steps of Installing Operating System of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
1. Download the ROM and GApp zip files from the aforementioned links
2. Up next, connect the Galaxy S7 device to the PC.
3. Scroll down the notification bar and touch the USB notification. Then choose ‘Transfer files ‘.
4. Copy the downloaded files to the phone’s internal memory.
5. Disconnect the phone and turn it off completely.
6. Now boot your device into T WRP Recovery. : press and hold Volume up + Start + Power button at the same time.
7. In TWRP Recovery, go to ‘Wipe’ -‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the following check boxes.
✓ Dalvik/ART Cache
8. Swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Wipe’ button on the screen.
9. Once the Galaxy S7 (Edge) has been deleted, return to the TWRP main screen.
10. Tap on the ‘Install’ button, navigate to the internal storage and select the ROM Zip.
11. Once selected, tap on the ‘Add more Zips’ option and select the GApps Zip this time.
12. At the end, swipe the button on the screen to install LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S7.
13. The flashing process may require about a minute. Once completed, press the “Rebot System” button.
The LineageOS start animation will be displayed on the screen. Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge device will boot into the new LAOS, based on Android 8.1 Oreo, then go ahead and enjoy all the new features.