167 total views, 2 views today
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (code name: on7xelte) was launched in August 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and then it was updated to Android 7.0 Nougat. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime (on7xelte). A few months ago, Google launched Android 8.1 Oreo; the Lineage 15.1. Here we share the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
About specifications, the Galaxy J7 Prime has a 5.5-inch screen with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by the Exynos 7870 Octa processor with 3 GB of RAM. The phone has an internal memory of 16/32 GB and supports microSD cards, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot). The Galaxy J7 Prime camera comes with a 13 MP rear camera and an 8 MP front camera. It is compatible with a 3300 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery.
Android 8.1 Oreo, officially released by Google for Pixel and Nexus compatible devices. Now you can enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 Prime unofficially. The ROM offers all the features of Android 8.1 that includes, the image in photo mode, the new style of Android or Emoji, the new notification interface, changes in the revision settings, the advanced Doze mode, the auto-complete password , etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features that allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive periodic updates every night and every week, once the lineage tree completes the official compilation.
updatedmob.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
- It will work on the Galaxy J7 Prime (do not try it on any other device):
- your phone must be charged up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and install the latest Samsung USB drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if already installed on your phone. Be sure to back up your phone using TWRP before performing this step using TWRP or CWM or any custom restore.
- You can also back up all applications using Titanium Backup or make backup copies without root
- You must install TWRP or any custom restore on your phone.
- Download all Zip files below and place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
you can easily download the files by clicking on the links below:
Steps of Installing Operating System of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime (on7xelte):
- First, you need to unlock Bootloader on Galaxy J7 Prime
- Now install TWRP Recovery on the Galaxy J7 Prime.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 ROM from afore mentioned link on your smartphone.
- At this point, start the TWRP restore, here is the method to start in Restore.
Before prceeding with the custom recovery startup process, we will share three methods to get started in CWM or TWRP. Regardless of the method you tried, the three methods will help you start a personalized recovery. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s do it.
1st Method :
In this method, you must first disable (turn off) your phone. Then, once it is checked to be off, press and hold the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons simultaneously for a few seconds (if this does not work, try using “Power up and Volume up”).
Now, release the button after a few seconds and you will see the options in which you can select “Restore”, now the phone will start in the custom restore you have installed.
2nd Method :
The simplest method, but requires ROOT access to start in TWRP. If there is no root, you can follow the first method or the third method.
With this method, you can simply download the free application called “Quick Start” from the Google Play Store. Now, open the installed application, give permission to the administrator and select the Restart in Restore option, which will allow you to restart and start directly in the custom recovery. That’s all!
3rd Method :
Here is a somewhat complicated method that will require a PC or laptop. Therefore, before proceeding, make sure that the USB cable is working properly and connect the phone to a PC / laptop with the USB cable. Now enable USB debugging, to do
- First, enable the Developer option to enable the Developer option, go to your configuration -> About -> Software Info -> Other -> Now press the compile number between 7 and 8 times until you see a message of ” Developer enabled option. “
- Return to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
Once activated, now install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC or Mac. Now, type the following command to restart the phone in the boot loader.
adb restart recovery
Press Enter and the phone will reboot for custom restoration.
That’s all! I hope you have installed Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J7 Prime.