333 total views, 1 views today
LG Nexus is equipped with a high-performance 8MP camera phone which takes stunning 360° panoramas. It has natural color on the vibrant 1280×768 i.e 4.7-inch screen, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, photo sphere, Non-removable Li-Po 2100 mAh battery, HTML5, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, hotspot etc.
The Operating System of this phone is Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which is upgradable to 5.1 (Lollipop) only as per LG Company. Now, following procedure will upgrade your LG Nexus 4 into Lineage OS 15.1 Custom Firmware (Android 8.1 Oreo). Please read the complete procedure to get the benefit and upgrade your old phone into new.
Pursuance of the risk involved in installing Custom ROM / Official Update, our website (www.updatedmob.com) will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your LG Nexus 4 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Remember that this method is only for LG Nexus 4. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Nexus 4 the PC.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A5 A520F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Nexus 4.
Files to Download
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM file
- Download Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs
Procedure to Update Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 4 Android 8.1 Oreo
- Just download Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs from the above links given on the desktop of your PC. (Make sure to select the Android 8.1.0 Oreo OS version) while downloading Google Apps package.
- Then connect the device to your PC and copy/paste both files to the phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip the files.
- After this, disconnect the phone from PC and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- While your Nexus 4 is in Bootloader / Fastboot main screen, press Volume Up to enter into Recovery mode. Then press Power to boot the Recovery Mode.
- Once in Recovery Mode, make a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM by navigating to ‘backup and restore.’ Then set the file name and confirm process to begin the backup.
- Next, Factory Reset Nexus 4 and proceed to flash the Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom ROM.
- In CWM Recovery, select ‘install zip from sd card’, then ‘choose zip from sd card.’ Find the Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom ROM file and confirm the installation process to begin.
- Once the Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware installation completes, repeat the above steps to flash the Gapps zip on your Nexus 4.
- After installation successfully completes, reboot the device in normal mode.
- Finally, flash the SuperSU Stable from here to get root access to the internal file system of your Nexus 4 to remove the factory restrictions and permission to install a lot of third-party apps.
- Finish and Enjoy new features.