1,293 total views, 13 views today
It’s time to revive your Galaxy S3 mini with the new Android 7.1 Nougat. Yes it is completely possible to give that old fellow of yours a new edge. The Android 7.1.2 Nougat is compatible with Galaxy S3 Mini and will work smoothly in your device.
Samsung S3 Mini was released after Galaxy S3 back in 2012 and Galaxy S3 was a huge hit for Samsung. It actually paved the way for Samsung up to its success. The trend of mini devices started after Samsung S3 Mini. A number of mini variants were introduced by other manufacturers later on. Galaxy S3 Mini has a 4.0-inch 480P display with a 5 MP back camera and a front VGA camera. In the internal features it has NovaThor U8420 CPU with a RAM of 1 GB and 8 GB internal storage. Primarily it ran on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean but later on got an update of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. However it didn’t get updated any further and has been running on Jelly Bean firmware, BUT worry not a lot of cool programmers have developed custom ROMs that can be used to give Samsung S3 Mini a new life.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat for the Galaxy S3 Mini has all the features that are in the the official Android Nougat and it will let you load a brand new UI in your phone with lots of new features. The ROM that we are now going to install on the phone is the Resurrection Remix ROM and it comes from New Maclaw Studios . The same developers who developed Android Lollipop, Android Marshmallow and Android KitKat custom ROMs for the Galaxy S3 Mini as well. These developers have been working for Galaxy S3 mini for years now.
Some of the facts about this custom ROM is that most of its features work in Galaxy S3 Mini. You can make calls, receive text messages and also use your mobile data in this Android Nougat ROM. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Camera, all of its sensors, GPS/Glonass/A-GPS and others will also run fine. All the Google GApps will run really well on the phone. Playing of audio, videos and offline charging are supported.
Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190, I8190N, and I8190L can also have the Android 7.1.2 Nougat installed in them.
Lets get on with the tutorial now.
Early Precautions and Preparations:
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190/N/L. Do not attempt to do this on any other device, please check your device’s model in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Your device must have a custom recovery installed.
- It is highly recommended that your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60% in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- In case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone please make sure that you have a backup of your important media content, contacts, message and call logs.
- If you have previously rooted your device then use Titanium Backup to have a backup of all your system data and important apps.
- It is recommended that you backup your current system using a custom recovery if you’re using it to be on the safe side.
- Make sure that you have backed up all the data mentioned above because you will have to go through Data Wipes during installation of this ROM.
- Before you flash this ROM make an EFS backup of your phone.
- You’re all set to flash the custom firmware ! Follow this guide to the letter
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
BEFORE GETTING STARTED:
- It is highly recommended to make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos and other valuable data on your phone.
- Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.
- The battery level of your phone should be at least up to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Procedure for Installation
- Download rr7.1_golden.nova.20170928.zip file.
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android Nougat.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the both the .zip files to the storage of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone and turn it off completely.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, tap wipe > advanced wipe > select cache, dalvik cache, data and internal storage > wipe all these.
- After wiping all these three, select “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Locate Resurrection Remix Custom ROM file > Select rr7.1 goldent.nova…….0928.zipfile > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM on your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Now once again select “Install > Locate Gapps.zip file > Select Gapps.zip file > Yes”
- This will flash the Gapps on your phone.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 7.1.2 Nougat running on your device in a while.
- That’s it ! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini has been revived.
It can take up to 10 minutes so don’t worry. If by any chance it’s taking any longer boot into TWRP recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache and reboot your device it will fix the issue. In case your device is still acting up you may return to your old system using the Android backup or follow our guide here to install stock firmware.