Huawei Honor 8 is a reliable and smooth phone with an aluminum frame as I myself using this phone. Its aluminum frame gives off a good feeling while using it. With a 5.2 inch screen, it has 12 and 8 MP cameras and internal memory of 32/64 GB plus a 4 GB RAM. Huawei has been releasing really good phone models and this one’s definitely a keeper! If you have this phone and want to update it to give it a new internal look then this article is for you.
The capability of Huawei Honor 8 is outstanding as this phone is updatable more than Android 7.0. This update is a new version know as Android 7.1.2 . This update is of Resurrection Remix which is based on Lineage OS and some other builds. Enjoy with latest features in your Huawei Honor 8. Let’s get on with the step by step tutorial now.
- Remember that this method is only for Huawei Honor 8. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei Honor 8.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Huawei Honor 8 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to download
How to Update Huawei Honor 8 with Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 (Procedure)
- Download RR-N-v5.8.3-20170628-frd-Unofficial.zip for Huawei Honor 8 ROM file given above and copy it to your phone’s storage with name Huawei Honor 9.
- Download Gapps file and copy it to your phone’s storage as well.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Create a Nandroid and EFS backup. This is highly recommended because we will be factory resetting the phone during the flashing process.
- Copy the Nandroid and EFS backup to your computer.
- Once again boot into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- In TWRP, tap Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, and Cache > Swipe screen to wipe.
- Get back to the main menu in TWRP now, tap Install > Install Image File or .img > Locate and select the copied TWRP.img file > Swipe screen to flash. Once the flashing ends, go back to the main menu, tap Reboot > Recovery.
- Your device will now reboot into the newly updated TWRP.
- In TWRP now, tap Install > Locate and select Huawei 8.zip file > Swipe screen to flash.
- Right after flashing the Huawei Honor 8 ROM, flash GApps similarly.
- If you want to be rooted, you can flash Magisk or SuperSU after flashing GApps now.
- Initially, it will take up to 20 minutes to give your phone some time to prepare itself.
- You have successfully installed and enjoyed the new Android 7.1.2 based on LineageOS on Huawei Honor 8.