457 total views, 2 views today
Huawei Honor 9 is outstanding Android mobile of Huawei. The main characteristics of this phone are its ultra-thin metallic body, 5.15-inch screen for better viewing. Honor 9 has fastest 4G LTE, Octa-core processor, with 12 and 20 MP cameras, internal memory till 64/128 GB and 4/6 GB RAM etc. Customers are loving this phone which in turns directly beneficial for the Huawei. Huawei proclaimed about to launching new Sets in near future. It’s better to understand that below Custom Rom is not built and launched by the Huawei. Proceed with your own risk and cost.
This Custom ROM having Android 7.1.2 version and is based on LineageOS 14.1. So if you’re looking forward to giving your Honor 9 a newer update than follow the below procedure and Enjoy with latest features in your Huawei Honor 9. Let’s get on with the step by step tutorial now.
- Remember that this method is only for Huawei Honor 9. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Huawei Honor 9.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Huawei Honor 9 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to download
Instruction to Follow for Updating Your Huawei Honor 9
- Download Android 7.1.2 based on LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei Honor 9 ROM file given above and copy it to your phone’s storage with name Huawei Honor 9.
- Download GAPPs file and copy it to your phone’s storage as well.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Create a Nandroid and EFS backup. This is highly recommended because we will be factory resetting the phone during the flashing process.
- Copy the Nandroid and EFS backup to your computer.
- Once again boot into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- In TWRP, tap Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, and Cache > Swipe screen to wipe.
- Get back to the main menu in TWRP now, tap Install > Install Image File or .img > Locate and select the copied TWRP.img file > Swipe screen to flash. Once the flashing ends, go back to the main menu, tap Reboot > Recovery.
- Your device will now reboot into the newly updated TWRP.
- In TWRP now, tap Install > Locate and select Huawei G7.zip file > Swipe screen to flash.
- Right after flashing the Huawei G7 ROM, flash GApps similarly.
- If you want to be rooted, you can flash Magisk or SuperSU after flashing GApps now.
- Initially, it will take up to 20 minutes to give your phone some time to prepare itself.
- You have successfully installed and enjoy the new Android 7.1.2 based on LineageOS 14.1 on Huawei Honor 9.