151 total views, 1 views today
Android Oreo (Android 8.0) based on LineageOS 15 is now available for Galaxy Tab S2 T813. Most of the features are working on the Galaxy Tab S2 of the LineageOS 15 which’s in its initial stage. Except for the glitchy camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, Video Playback, Sensors, Audio and GPS are working in the device. This ROM also includes various hardware-specific code. Google App is not required for it if you need any application.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 got an update to Android 7.0 Nougat but we don’t know yet if it’ll get updated any further so if you’re looking for a place to update your tab further, this is it.
- Remember that this method is only for Galaxy Tab S2 T813/N WiFi.
- Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Battery charging must be upto 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content. This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T813.
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Instruction to Follow For Galaxy Tab S2
- First of all download twrp-3.1.1-0-gts210vewifi.img and copy it to your Tab.
- Download lineage-15.0-20170901-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi.zip file and copy it to your phone’s storage.
- Download GApps.zip file and copy it to your phone’s storage as well.
- Now boot your phone into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Create a Nandroid and EFS backup. This is highly recommended because we will be factory resetting the phone during the flashing process.
- Copy the Nandroid and EFS backup to your computer.
- Once again boot into TWRP recovery on your phone.
- In TWRP, tap Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data, System, and Cache > Swipe screen to wipe.
- Get back to the main menu in TWRP now, tap Install > Install Image File or .img > Locate and select the copied TWRP.img file > Swipe screen to flash. Once the flashing ends, go back to the main menu, tap Reboot > Recovery.
- Your device will now reboot into the newly updated TWRP.
- In TWRP now, tap Install > Locate and select Android Oreo Custom ROM.zip file > Swipe screen to flash.
- Right after flashing the Android Oreo ROM, flash GApps similarly.
- If you want to be rooted, you can flash Magisk or SuperSU after flashing GApps now.
- Initially, it will take up to 20 minutes to give your phone some time to prepare itself.
- Finish and Enjoy new LineageOS 15 ROM running on your tab.