146 total views, 1 views today
Installing a new AOSP Android 8.1 Oero is an outstanding experience which creates a user-friendly environment especially for One Plus One. One Plus One has emerged a top class manufacturing Android Company. Developers of XDA named Agent_fabulouscreated Custom ROM for One Plus but remember that this is not official software or firmware. The New update brings latest features which include New Wi-Fi Features, Multi-Display Support, Picture mode, battery life improvement, Doze mode Advance, Better Icons, Autofill, Keyboard Navigation, Notifications Channels, Background Limits etc. AOSP Android 8.1 Oero Custom ROM is fast, light, reliable and smoothly run on your OnePlus One without any problem. This Custom ROM will bring you a taste of real baked Oreo. However, this ROM is still under development so it may have some minor bugs but don’t worry they will be fixed later on.
Further to this Custom ROM, you will be thinking about what AOSP means? AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project which indicates an Android Comunity for Custom ROM. Following procedure will lead you to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo custom firmware on One Plus.
- Remember that this method is only for One Plus One. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your One Plus One .
Updatedmob.com will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your One Plus One during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your risk.
Files to download
How to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on OnePlus One
- Just download the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC but do not extract these files.
- Connect your OnePlus One to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Then copy AOSP firmware and Google Apps zip files to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
- Then disconnect the device from the PC and turn it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Turn ON the OnePlus One while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for a while until the device enters into Recovery Mode.
- Then after that go back to the main recovery menu and perform a full data wipe. This includes Dalvik cache, Cache, System, Factory data reset.
- Now go back the main Recovery menu and choose install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard.
- It’s the time to find the ROM file that you’ve already transferred to the root folder of your SD Card. Select the AOSP ROM .zip file and proceed the installation process.
- Once the ROM is successfully installed on your OnePlus One, install Google Apps package by following the same procedure as given above.
- After the installation of AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Google Apps, select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- Initially, It will take up to 20 minutes to boots up after installing ROM. So don’t panic.
- Now you have successfully updated OnePlus One to the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with AOSP custom ROM.