84 total views, 1 views today
Sony Xperia ZR is available in the market in 2GB of RAM and 32 GB storage. This phone was initially released in 2013 with Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) which was assumed to be upgradable to 5.1.1 (Lollipop) version. Sony Xperia ZR has s high-level HD display and 13.1 MP camera for photos & videos captures natural colours in any light. The 4.6” HD Reality Display is known as a high pixel density 319 pixels per inch which are used for razor sharp pictures.
Sony Xperia ZR is the only phone which is claimed to be a waterproofed phone. This phone can be used to film HD pictures underwater. This is an amazing feature of this phone. We have latest Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM for Sony Xperia ZR. You can install it by following method.
Pursuance of the risk involved in installing Custom ROM / Official Update, our website (www.updatedmob.com) will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia ZR during or after the rooting process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Remember that this method is only for Sony Xperia ZR. Never try this on any other mobile or else it’ll get bricked.
- Your phone must be rooted.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the drivers of Sony Xperia ZR the PC.
- Battery charging must be up to 60% so that it doesn’t stop during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A5 A520F by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, text messages and also backup your media content.
- This is a very important step since the ROM requires you to wipe your phone completely.
- Install the CWM or TWRP custom recovery on your Sony Xperia ZR.
Files to Download
Procedure to Update Install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia ZR
- Just download Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM and Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs from the above links given on the desktop of your PC. (Make sure to select the Android 8.1.0 Oreo OS version) while downloading Google Apps package.
- Then connect the device to your PC and copy/paste both files to the phone’s internal storage. Do not unzip the files.
- After this, disconnect the phone from PC and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- While your Sony Xperia ZR is in Bootloader / Fastboot main screen, press Volume Up to enter into Recovery mode. Then press Power to boot the Recovery Mode.
- Once in Recovery Mode, make a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM by navigating to ‘backup and restore.’ Then set the file name and confirm process to begin the backup.
- Next, Factory Reset Sony Xperia ZR and proceed to flash the Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom ROM.
- In CWM Recovery, select ‘install zip from sd card’, then ‘choose zip from sd card.’ Find the Android 8.1.0 Oreo custom ROM file and confirm the installation process to begin.
- Once the Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware installation completes, repeat the above steps to flash the Gapps zip on your Sony Xperia ZR.
- After installation successfully completes, reboot the device in normal mode.
- Finish and Enjoy new features.